Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basic Conditional Build Tag Expressions Unavailable in RH Classic

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 2019 Classic (14.0.12.0).

All of my conditional build tag expression definitions in my HTML5 outputs have been switched to Advanced (I was only using Basic before) and I can't switch them back. Not only that, they're wrong. 

CBTENoBasic.png

In the picture above, the red box shows that the Basic radio button isn't active. 

If I create a new definition in an existing output, I can build it using a Basic expression and save the expression, but I can't apply it. 

CBTENoUpdatepng.png

In the picture above, the Update button never becomes active for the new expression. 

In fact, trying to update the conditional build tag expression for any existing output won't work. The Update button never becomes active.

If I create a new output with a new conditional build tag expression, I can build it using a Basic expression, save it, apply it to the output, and still edit it as a Basic expression.

So, in all of my existing outputs, all of my conditional build tag expressions are using Advanced, they're all wrong, I can't switch them to Basic, and I can't apply a new expression. 

Am I going to have to rebuild nine outputs and conditional build tag expressions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Try this. In the new output make sure it is set to Basic and select one tag to move to the right. Then try to add the AND. You cannot unless you switch to Advanced.

If the expressions were created with AND, they are by definition Advanced. Or are you saying they were not created that way and somehow all the ANDs have been added?

The expressions are in the rhbuildtag.apj file and a basic expression looks like this.

image.png

It starts NOT sometag and continues AND NOT othertags. Anything else is A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this. In the new output make sure it is set to Basic and select one tag to move to the right. Then try to add the AND. You cannot unless you switch to Advanced.

If the expressions were created with AND, they are by definition Advanced. Or are you saying they were not created that way and somehow all the ANDs have been added?

The expressions are in the rhbuildtag.apj file and a basic expression looks like this.

image.png

It starts NOT sometag and continues AND NOT othertags. Anything else is Advanced.

I think the first thing I would try is the old trick of deleting the project CPD file and then reopening the project. Then I would copy the rhbuildtag.apj file somewhere safe and edit the definition so that the format is as above. Do that with the project closed and then reopen it.

Let us know if either of those work.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the .cpd file and reopening the project didn't work. 

The expressions were created in Basic, not Advanced, and I'd like to continue using them as Basic expressions. When I opened the rhbuiltag.apj file, my expressions look like:

<expression>
<name>InformaCast_Adv_CUCM</name>
<expressiondetail>ADV_HRE AND Basic AND Fusion AND Fusion_CUCM AND Fusion_HRE AND Hide AND Mobile AND Mobile_Fusion AND PG AND Poly AND PG_Fusion </expressiondetail>
<type>1</type>
</expression>

Are you saying those are Advanced? Somehow they switched to that with this latest update then because I didn't create them that way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how it has happened. I haven't seen anyone else report this since the upgrade was applied but that may be timing.

The fact remains it has happened and that as far as RoboHelp is concerned, they are advanced expressions, as explained. 

The only thing I can suggest is backup the project and try what I suggested. I see no reason for it not to fix the problem so that the expressions will revert to being Basic.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I went into the rhbuildtag.apj file, placed NOT in front of all the ANDs in one of my expressions, saved the file and reopened my project. The expression still says it's Advanced and I can't change it back to Basic.

For reference, my expression looks like:

<expression>
			<name>Adv_CUCM</name>
			<expressiondetail>NOT ADV_HRE AND NOT Basic AND NOT Fusion AND NOT Fusion_CUCM AND NOT Fusion_HRE AND NOT Hide AND NOT Mobile AND NOT Mobile_Fusion AND NOT PG AND NOT Poly AND NOT PG_Fusion </expressiondetail>
			<type>1</type>
		</expression>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With my last post, I hadn't again removed the .cpd file. When I did and then reopened the project, I was able to once again select between Basic and Advanced expressions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp