• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breadcrumbs go only Home > Final Destination (no intermediate steps)

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Breadcrumbs are appearing at top of pages, but they go directly from "Home" > [final destination topic]. 

In other words, they are no longer breadcrumbs, per se, since they show only "Home" and then the final destination -- with none of the steps (i.e. books) in between. They are not listing the books -- just "Home" and then the topic in question, and leaving out which book the topic is in, or any other steps in between.

I think I screwed something up while messing around with master pages.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Mark Thiel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

What you are showing is the Master Page.

Can you show us a topic in the final generated output?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give a screenshot of your master page with the paragraph marks turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, here it is:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are showing is the Master Page.

Can you show us a topic in the final generated output?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

It looks like you answered the question.  Things were screwy when I PREVIEWED the page.

But when I actually GENERATED the final output, it looks like the breadcrumbs are correct.

Is that generally the case -- that breadcrumbs will leave out intermediate steps in preview, but display them in the final output?

THANKS,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say the answer to that is another question. How long is a piece of string?

And of course, the answer to that is that "it depends".

For one thing, I'm not sure the preview has an ability to factor in exactly where the page may sit in the TOC hierarchy.

To be honest, I've never really considered that when previewing the breadcrumbs were accurately reflecting the proper placement.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha - so that was the issue - I never use the Preview because I know that "what you see, is not what you get" necessarily ;>)

I was just worried that you had messed something up on your Master Page with the breadcrumb placeholder - but it looks fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me, too. Worried. I'm totally new to RoboHelp -- or rather, RoboHelp is new to me -- and I'm under a tight deadline, big pressure to produce.

Thanks very much to both of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp