Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Build tags and popup links

Jun 20, 2006 Jun 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried searching the forums, but couldn't find anything related. I apologize if this is a recurring item...

I have just started using build tags for topic contents, and I generate a WebHelp system. I have a procedure (numbered list) that among other things contains a list of popups (field descriptions). When I apply a build tag to the text below the popup links, the last popup no longer works.

I tried inserting som text (withut build tag) below the popup link, but this doesn't help. I have checked the HTML code in TrueCode, and the build tag does indeed start after the popup link.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there a way to avoid it?

Regards,
Rannveig Østevik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rannveig. I've tested this and get the same results This does appear to be a bug as I've tried experiementing with various text patterns yet the problem remains. Have you thought about using either DHTML dropdown or expanding text as an alternative solution? I'd report this to Adobe using this form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum,

Thanks for investigating. Good to know that it's not only me...

For historical reasons all field descriptions are popups, and it would be too much work to convert them now. The problem with the build tags should be limited to the development phase, as I use conditions to exclude content that is not yet finished.

So I'll just see if I can find a temporary solution, but I'll submit the bug report to Adobe.

Regards,
Rannveig Østevik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I guess the obvious solution here, assuming these would be something in actual production use, would be to add one final popup that you know will be "Dead", so the last popup you actually desire to work will work.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... It seems I tricked myself in this case. Based on Rick's suggestion I did some testing, and got some "strange" results. It seemed like the popup link worked when I linked to a different topic, and that this link failed also if it wasn't the last in the list.

So then I started to see which differences there were between the two topics, and found that one of them had a build tag applied, that was excluded in the build. I had used a template when creating the topic, and wasn't aware that the build tag was applied.

When I removed the build tag, it all works OK.

Colum, you initially said you were able to reproduce the behavior? Do you have a similar situation, or is it something else that causes the effect in your case?

Regards,
Rannveig Østevik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2006 Jun 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a weird one. When I was testing this I used one of my test projects. I really should have created a new set of topics but opted for the lazy method of using an existing one. I have all sorts of crazy stuff in these that have been created over time. When I checked again I found exactly as you have said. There was a build tag against the topic the poup was linked to. Remove that and it all works. Our QA Manager would have a field day over this one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2016 Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ !@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp