• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone explain the <span class="PdfCharStyle"> in the code?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked support, but I didn't understand their response. It came down to "that's just how RoboHelp now works," which isn't very helpful. I'm using RoboHelp 2020 and my code is full of the <span class="PdfCharStyle">  (the "pdfCharStyle" is followed by random numbers). After editing a topic, if I look at the code view, it is full of these span tags, often empty (Example: <span class="PdfCharStyle9"></span>). 

Does anyone have a better explanation of this span tags?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Span tags are standard HTML when you want to apply a style that is in your CSS file to some content in your topic. Open the CSS files in the CSS editor and I think you will find those styles there.

Is the topic something that was created by a predecessor or from an import of a PDF in an older version of RoboHelp?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, sounds like artifacts from your source material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp