• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Create a pdf output in RoboHelp 2017

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could someone advise how to create a PDF output in RH 2017? I have configured the settings for printed output, but it just creates Word docs. I must be missing something. Thanks for  any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Its working OK now, thanks. There was a PDF addon installed that was preventing RoboHelp create PDFs. After uninstalling this, PDFs could then be created.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you have set here?

image.png

I have known it to fail to create a Word doc when that option is set but with a dialog telling you that.

I don't think that if the PDF check box is selected that I have seen anyone report it has then created a Word document instead. The PDF might fail but again with a warning so if both check boxes are selected you might just get the Word part.

Updates applied?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have 'Generate Adobe PDF' selected, and all updates applied. I have installed Java, and set the environment variable to the installation folder. I cancelled the output after I saw that Word files were being created. I haven't restarted the PC since adding Java.

The PDF icon is not shown (see attached), which might indicate a problem perhaps. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons and if you do download, you are then not seeing the image inline with the text. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum you have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

I have looked at the image and that appears to be from the ribbon. When you double click one of those it should open the dialog I have shown. You can also go to the Output tab double click the SSL and see that screen.

image.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this, and specified PDF output, but no luck I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pdf.png

Here is the image I referred to. I am doing exactly as you advise. Do I need to configure anything else in RoboHelp to get PDF output working please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, what I said, double click the SSL so that you can see the screen with the options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be some configuration I am missing. Are there any other settings I could check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new project with just a couple of topics to see what happens there. That will establish if it is general issue or just this project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this. When it finished I got the following. Not very helpful unfortunately.error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that I am clear, that dialog is with the new project using new topics and the default CSS, correct?

Next thing to try is changing to Word and if that generates, create your PDF from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct. Word generated OK. and I could create the PDF from there. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its working OK now, thanks. There was a PDF addon installed that was preventing RoboHelp create PDFs. After uninstalling this, PDFs could then be created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp