• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot rename Topic folder in authoring tab of RH 2022

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to rename one of my folders in the contents of my project, I get an error message.  I've tried in a new project as well as the project I'm currently working on and I get the same error in the lower right corner and then all of my content disappears from the folder that I just tried to rename.  I have to go to assests folder and create the the folder and name it properly and thank goodness all of my .htm files are still there and then copy those into and copy the files into a different foler and then 

Jennifer35413566qdam_0-1713995558542.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea, no one has reported that before to my knowledge.

What happens in the project I sent you? What happens in the About RoboHelp sample project?

Have you saved the project before renaming the folder?

Create a new project and post here the exact steps you take to add the folder and then rename it.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I did all the things you mentioned above yesterday and it happens in all of them.  I saw when I was looking for answers yesterday that one other person had this same question.  It was a 2 part question and I don't beleive it was ever solved and I do believe it was Adobe 2022 (positive it was).  I'll find it and add the link to see if it jogs your memory.  I do remember you responded but there was not a resolution.  I created a new post bc I wasn't sure if it would get any attention if it was inside an older post.  Hope that's ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you create a video of you creating a new project through to trying to rename it?

Is RoboHelp installed to the default folder and was it installed with admin rights. In your case I think the answer will be yes or you would have had other issues. I have to ask though.

Something has gone wrong as things were working, as opposed to this having been a problem from the start. Have IT changed something?

Have you rebooted the machine?

Assuming you have, I would uninstall, reboot and reinstall.

As to creating a new thread, in this case it would have been OK provided the other thread was 2022. So often we see people say "I'm having the same problem in 2022" when the thread is about 2017. There it is not really the same problem so it's best to start afresh with a link back to the earlier thread. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp