• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing/Editing start page

Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly new to RoboHelp and it's quite intuitive but there is one thing that eludes me.. How can I change to edit the start page? Attached is a screenshot of what happens when I output. Help. I am using Robohelp 2019

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said whether you are using 2019 Classic or the new UI. Fortunately in this case I don't think it makes a difference as I believe you are confusing the start page with the default topic.

The start page is what opens the help, the default topic is what appears where you are showing the "cannot be found" message.

In the output dialog the start page is index.htm by default and that is best left as it is. It's the normal file name to open the output. The default topic is set elsewhere in the dialog. In this case RoboHelp will have generated a First Topic when you created the project and I suspect you then deleted it as you created your own topics.

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons and if you do download, you are then not seeing the image inline with the text. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum you have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter, I really appreciate this, I kinda figured it out as there are really no tutorials out there. I am also struggling to change this (see attached). I would like to change the colors and put in the company logo and maybe even add a background image. Can you help me with this? My company just sprung this on me, I have never used this before so I

SNAG-0009.jpg

am depending on help from the community here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You edit skins in the skin editor. How you do that depends on whether you are using Classic or the new UI. 

Take a look at the RoboHelp Tour on my site for lots of info that covers both. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter you are the best, i stumbled on it and I figured it out. Remember this is day 3 on this program. I am going to figure out now how to apply css to the pages. BTW I am a web developer so this should be easy but its just finding how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp