Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.


Creating Master Project for Merged Help Topics Disappearing

Participant ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using RoboHelp 2015 V12.0.4.460

Just today, I've been experiencing problems setting up a Master Project to produce Merged Help for Web Help output. I have a number of topics that I want to list in the Master Project. In Version 1 of my help, it worked just fine. Today when I import the files into the Master Project, I need to rename the topics. Things were going fine and then I noticed after adding about 10 new topics, that some were missing. I read of a similar issue on the forum and followed the instructions:

  • Add a Temp folder
  • Saved
  • Compiled

Even more topics are now missing. I looked in Broken Links: not there. I also looked in IE, and found several of the topics listed outside the folder, but in the project. When I rename them and put them in the proper folder, they continue to disappear.

I've been having trouble with another completely different project with it becoming corrupted when I create the Web Help output.

I thought about Updates, since I have not applied any.

I'm wondering if something on my laptop is causing the problem, except that other projects are working fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

MDawn

TOPICS
WebHelp

Views

180

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say other projects are working fine but you also say you are having trouble with a different project.

Have you tried deleting the CPD to see if they reappear. That should be safe but given the issues you are having, I would create a backup first. I always recommend creating the backup as a zip file. That prevents you opening it accidentally and working on it before you realise it was the backup. This way you always have a clean backup that can be used to create a new clean copy time after time.

You say you read a similar issue. Can you post a link to that?

If deleting the CPD and tidying up once does not solve the problem, create a new project and import the topics into that. Does that work OK?


See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that when I renamed the topics after I imported them, the Topic Title was renamed, but the File Name was not. After I went through each file and made sure both the Topic Title and the File Name were renamed properly, the problem was solved.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp