• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating New Help File from Existing Help File

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning! I feel like I've asked this question before, but for the life of me I cannot find the answer. Anyway, I have one large Help file I use for our software. We are currently working on a new software version, so I would like to start a brand new Help file for this new version but I want the topics in my current file to be used in the new file. Does this make sense? Can I copy the contents from one file to another or do I need to import. Our software runs a chm file of Help. The help topics are created in HTML. First I generate in WebHelp and then generate WebHelp to CHM Converter. Running to a meeting but appreciate any comments. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As I see it you have two possible approaches.

1. Make a copy of the existing help, then rename the project and begin deleting what you don't want inside it.

2. Create a totally new help project, then begin importing the topics you wish to repurpose in the new system.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick! I'm thinking I will just do a copy because I need all the existing help files. I will just be make slight changes to some topics based on software changes or I may have entirely new topics to create based on added functionality in new software version. To copy the files do I just highlight all the topics in Explorer and then copy to new project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if the video linked below helps you sort it.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp