• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSH Flickers Through the Content for 2 Seconds

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is: every time when CSH is called, it “flickers through the landing page (where all the tiles are), then flickers about 2 more times, and then it finds the topic” in approximately 2 seconds. It looks like it has to go through the hierarchy of the online help system to find the topic. My Developer is using .java provided by Adobe and the call is this http://localhost/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhmapno=1

Do you know if we need to add anything to the call to stop the “going through the hierarchy” to find the topic? Thank you so so much.

I also replied to this post https://community.adobe.com/t5/RoboHelp/Indigo-flickering-via-CSH/m-p/10674749#M126873

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Couldn't find any "true" resolution, so I reached out to our go-to person for coding. Found this solution to work. Hope someone finds it useful.

Insert this code after the body tag in the "Homepage (Default)" properties of the Indigo layout:

<script type="text/javascript">
// hide contents if query string turns on context sensitive help
function getQueryString() {
var qStr = window.location.search, pgDisplay="block";
if(qStr.match(/rhcsh=1/)) { pgDisplay="none"; }
return pgDisplay;
}
document.getElement

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, basic stuff - what version of RH? Is it all up to date? If it's RH2019, are you doing this through the Classic version or the new UI version? What type of help are you creating and what skin/layout is being used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't find any "true" resolution, so I reached out to our go-to person for coding. Found this solution to work. Hope someone finds it useful.

Insert this code after the body tag in the "Homepage (Default)" properties of the Indigo layout:

// hide contents if query string turns on context sensitive help
function getQueryString() {
var qStr = window.location.search, pgDisplay="block";
if(qStr.match(/rhcsh=1/)) { pgDisplay="none"; }
return pgDisplay;
}
document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].style.display = getQueryString();
</script>

Insert this code after the body tag in the "Topic" properties of the Indigo layout:

document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].style.display = "none";
setTimeout(function(){
document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].style.display = "block";
}, 1000);
</script>homepageDefault.pngTopic.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using RoboHelp 2017 with all the updates. We're publishing as Responsive HTML5 using the Indigo layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also wanted to thank  Willam Weelden for emailing me back and providing the URL instead of CSH solution (basically use URL instead of CSH)... he was very helpful as always. Unfortunately, I believe he's retired from RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp