• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current Status of Natural Language Search in RoboHelp 2019 (New or Classic?)

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the posts I've found in the forum related to natural language search (NLS) date back to 2008 or earlier. Can anyone fill me in on the current status of NLS and RoboHelp?

A client has a requirement to support (NLS)  in online help output. During development, we have been delivering Responsive HTML5 help from RH Classic (2019) version. The client tests by searching on a phrase, for example, "What is xxxx?" and either gets no results or doesn't find the results acceptable.

I've seen some posts that RoboHelp Server supports natural language search, but others that say it was removed at some point (2008?). The Adobe Features page for Server 10 doesn't mention NLS, but mentions "extensive search features" that seem to be the same as RH Classic and RH 2019 (New). As far as I can tell, NLS isn't offered by any help authoring tools I've researched so for.

I'm supposed to talk to a client representative on Wednesday about this, and need to know what options might be available.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst the search has improved in the core product it doesn't support "what is! type searching. I don't use server so I can't speak for that. In any case, I would have thought if you are speaking to a client, you will want an official answer from Adobe rather than something from other users.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I contacted support and they pointed me to the Output Search options dialog. They are going to research RoboHelp Server and get back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up: RoboHelp support confirmed that RoboHelp does not support natural language search even with RoboHelp Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I demonstrated predictive search to the client's representative and explained that a "what is" search is not supported. The client rep seemed satisfied with that and will test the current seach capabilities. This is all in Responsive HTML5 output. In addition, we found that enclosing a phrase in quotation marks limits the search to that phrase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp