Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customize layout in RH 2019

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to customize Azure skin in RH 2019 and I feel constrained by the UI editor. Is there a way to edit the look of my help pages in a code editor or else? For example, I'd like to add a search bar to the home page similar to the one in the Indigo layout. How can I do that?

S0ftserve_0-1601632221670.png

Thanks,

Ira

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the "Frameless" output was designed to let your developers go crazy and modify your help to match your site - have you tried creating that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff! Actually, I got acquainted with the Frameless output today and I guess that's exactly what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst I believe it is possible to edit the frameless skins, there's a right and a wrong way of doing it.

There are two parts to a skin. The underlying code and what you can customise through the skin editor. If an update changes the underlying code, I'm not sure what would happen. Customisation made the correct way through the skin editor will be respected.

What you can do is set up scripts to run post generation that make the required changes.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the recommendation, @Peter Grainge!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp