• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customized Numbered List Style Continues Numbering Rather than Starting at 1.

Contributor ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2019 Update 5.

I upgraded a RoboHelp 2015 Classic project into RoboHelp 2019 (not classic)

1. I have a customized style (Steps) that numbers items (much like <ol>).

2. I am using it in drop-down text.

• When I open the second, third, fourth, etc. drop-downs, the numbering continues rather than restarting at 1.
  • Let's say I have 4 drop-down text paragraphs of 4 steps each. Rather than four steps numbered 1 -4 for each drop-down, I get four drop-downs with steps numbered 1 - 16. Oh, BTW it's dynamic. If I open drop-downs 1 and 4, I get two paragraphs of steps numbers 1 - 8.
  • Also, if I interrupt the steps:

1. The numbering restarts at 1 (as in this example).

2. Rather than continuing with 3.

The "Start From" property of the style is 1. I think that is the issue. In 2015 Classic I could right-click on the offending renumbering, select List Style..., activate "Restart Numbering At:, enter the restart number, click OK and be happy.

Is there such a work around in RoboHelp 2019? Here are the Autonumber properties for the customized style

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try once taking RH2015 project and first opening with 2019 Classic and then taking it to RH2019 (new). Please let us know if that works.

Thanks

Amitoj SIngh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amitoj,

Thank you for your suggestion. However, it did not work. Consecutive drop-downs still dynamically number.

Everything is local on my C; drive.

I opened the project in RoboHelp 2019 Classic.

Made cosmetic changes to a few topics (changed headings from h1 to h2, changed body-text style to Normal, etc.)

Clicked Save All on the Project ribbon.

Did not generate the RH 2019 Classic project.

Opened RH 2019 (new)

Selected Upgrade RoboHelp Classic Project

Looked at the topics I changed (changes were made)

Drop-down number issue is still an issue.

Is there a List Style... Restart Numbering At option?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amitoj,

Here is another wrinkle:

I noticed that the consecutive number occurs after I add a space to the Format field of the style's Autonumber property.

Before adding the space, the number is correct (that is, it starts at 1 within each drop-down), but it lacks good formatting.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Restart Numbering option is currently not available for list style in RH 2019 but it will be provided in future updates.

Can you please share your project so that we can debug the issue.

I tried creating a list of drop-down texts as you have mentioned but could not repro it. I might have missed any specific formatting that you have applied in you lists.

It would be very helpful of you share your project.

Thanks,

Nitika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nitika,

I would love to share the project. How do I do that? I have a dropbox account.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nitika will be offline at the moment. You could create a zipped copy of the project and send a Private Message to Nitika with a link to the zip file.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, don't post that link here.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could send out an email to myself as well and I will share with Nitika.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Email: amisingh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amitoj.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark for sharing the project.

We are able to reproduce the issue and it should be fixed in next update.

Keep sharing your feedback, we will be glad to help you!!

Thanks,

Nitika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nitikaamangla,

Version 6 did not resolve issue 4234. That is, if 4234 was to correct this issue. I sent a note to techcomm@adobe.com addressed to you and @Amitojsingh.

By the way, the auto-renumbering starting at 1 works like a champ in RoboHelp 2019 Classic.

Mark

Hello Forum! There is a work-around until the real fix is in. There are some styles that are P\ and they should be p\. I changed the .css to p\ and the renumbering worked (for now). Any knowledge on where these P\ styles come from? I did not create them. Are they a RoboHelp thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Yes, these are RoboHelp created CSS3-specific counter variable names to achieve Autonumbering and advanced List styling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Grainge,

Thank you. I am in contact with Amitoj.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Did you ever receive a fix for this issue? I am using RH 2020.4.173 and we are experiencing a similar issue. When we are using the ol number style for lets stay a step 1 through 5, and try to add an image in the middle of the steps the numbering restarts instead of continuing. In addition if there are second level steps we can't add an image in the second level at all because the numbering does not continue.  For instance, If I have steps 1 through 5 but step 2 has an a through d and I try to add an image in the a through d the numbering won't continue because it is trying to default back to the 1 through 5 list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp