Exit

Delete empty line

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When, at the start of an empty line (break);

1. If I press backspace, it won’t delete the previous line.
  2. If I press delete, it won’t delete the line I’m on.
  3. I have to go at the end of another line and press delete to delete the next line, and this does not always work.
  4. I’m just trying to delete an empty line, why is it so difficult?

There is no configuration or formatting or a type of character before or after or whatever else that should make it impossible to delete a simple line.

Pierre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new project for test purposes and stick with default.css.

Does this happen in that project?

It would be worth testing your other issues in the test project to see if they occur there. It does sound as if some of your issues could be CSS related and that would help you identify when that is the case.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You're asking me to create a new project and retype a procedure without any formatting to see if I will get the same errors?

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not type a whole procedure, just create single topic with a few lines where you can perform the same actions, about five minutes work if that.

If it doesn't have the same problem, then we know it is project related and can dig deeper. If it has the same problem, then exact steps that can be replicated will enable the issue to be looked at.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, if I can follow. In this given situation with my insertion mark in the empty line:

• If I press "Backspace" key, it deletes the empty line, and the insertion mark moves one line up and is placed after "line 1".
  • If I press "Delete" key, it removes the empty line, "line 3" moves one line up, and the insertion mark is placed before "line 3".

This is the default behavior like in pretty much all text editors that I know.

Is this not what you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stefan. It's what I get too which is why I have asked Pierre to try a new project. In another thread Amber identified some things that make me wonder if it is CSS related.

I guess if he is using his own CSS and default.css is still as supplied, he could just apply that to a topic.

Pierre, the topic will look wrong but if this issue goes away, it would again help to move things forward.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp