Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DHTML Drop down text randomly not working

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I am using RH 2019 and have a problem with some drop down text instances.

Instead of having to click the drop down link, the text is already displayed below the link.

In the source, the drop down is empty - the text I  put in it has moved from the text box to below the text in the main topic.

rh.png

Other links in the topic work ok. This is happening randomly throughout the project. I've tried comparing the HTML but my head is spinning now and I wondered if anyone else had come across this?

Any ideas much appreciated

Laura

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In author mode the content of your dropdown should look like this, all within the dotted lines.

dropdown.png

I am not seeing those dotted lines in your screenshot.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply. I have never seen a drop down that looks like the one you pasted - mine always look like the one I posted (and work fine). This is strange....!

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Classic inteface of 2019 - could that be the difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I should have spotted it but there is a tag to indicate Classic and it helps if you include that in the title or the body.

I have not seen anyone reporting this so there is no known cause to draw on. I think I would try rebuilding one of them to see how that fares. Perhaps copy the content into a text editor to remove any coding and then paste from there to the dropdown box.

Try that and post back if the problem continues.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter, will do.

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp