• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

directory management, combined with conversion from classic to modern

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I'm confronted with a strange issue. I'm not a RH wizard, just beginning to grasp it.

A collegue misplaced two projects in a other project.

If I move them via explorer and try to upgrade them, I have an immediate error msg, with no details.

If I open them where they are, with the classic version, adapt an error in the used css. (thanks for that) and save it, I can upgrade to the modern RH version. I suspect paths are kept somewhere.

How can I move these two projects and upgrade withoud errors?

best regards

Olivier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure I'm understanding what's happened. Are you saying that somehow they took 2 RH projects and put them inside another RH project? If so, then the easiest way to untangle them (I think) would be make 4 copies (one for safety, 3 to be worked on) of the "all together" project and open each one up in turn in the version they were created in, and delete all topics belonging to the projects that don't belong. Continue with each copy until you have projects A, B, C all separated out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that some projectfiles contains relative paths. I think the solution is to 'move' a project to another directory. there is no menu item 'save as' or 'move'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is my understanding of your situation correct? If so, I was meaning to make your copies outside of RH, then work on cleaning each one up inside RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jef,

I can't tell you if it is correct. rather new. Have to pick up an existing project. It is filled with a very big lot of files. I'm afraid I don't even know which files should be necessary and which not.

I know for sure that moving the files generates an errormessage when once open I compile in classic. And just a message, withoud explanation or error description

I'm with my back against the wall. Prefer to go on, even in the wrong directory. I will sort this out when I understand better the mechanics of RH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why don't you post some screenshots of what you're seeing inside RH (which version is all this taking place in anyways?). I wouldn't try to be creating any output or doing any project conversions until you get the content straightened out first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp