• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop down text displays already expanded in the generated help - 2017 Responsive skin

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fellow Helpers.

I am using drop-down help quite extensively in my project. However now when I generate the help, some of the drop downs are open (expanded) before they are clicked on. I've done a few experiments to see if there is a reason for this but I can't figure it out. Some of the drop down text is inside snippets and I'm not sure if this is causing the problem. I've tried saving and generating the help with the drop down boxes closed and I have got in the habit of resetting my browser history each time I view newly-generated help. It just seems pretty random to me. 

Short of resetting the drop down links to read "Show / Hide more info" rather then "Show more info"

Which is a bit of a cop out. 

Any hints, tips / revelations to get my drop downs display "un-expanded" when the help opens, would be much appreciated. 

Regards

john V 

TOPICS
Classic , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Hi John,

In this case it's related to the freshly released update.

I could recreate it with a new project, and the Organic skin. It's related to dropdowns as snippet, with a snippet as dropdown-text. It worked in version 9 but in version 10 it leads to an expanded dropdown.

I uploaded a sample project, and Adobe is already investigating it.

Regards,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sure this had cropped up a few months back but I can't find the thread.

Are you using the built-in method for dropdowns or a script. The script may have a switch so it should work on all dropdowns, either way. That rather puts it back on the project.

First try another simple project. Then try different browsers.

After that I would try adding a new skin.

I changed the tags as Product Help is for RoboHelp's own documentation.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll try the experiments you suggested at some point. I'm not using a script so far, just the inbuilt "(insert) drop down text" button. Are  you suggesting that if I used a script, the switch you mentioned could be set so that all the drop downs were initially displayed "collapsed" (closed) each time the help was invoked?

I assume this script is available and could be copied and pasted into my project and some instructions exist somewhere for doing this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a script on my site but it is from the days when Adobe didn't provide dropdowns like this. It entails quite a bit of setup and nowadays I would stick with the Adobe method. I mentioned the script only because I didn't whether or not you were using it.

Try the other options when you can and post back.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I'm also extensively using drop-downs with snippets, I hadn't any problem with already expanded drop-downs ... until now. I updated today to RH 2019.0.10 and now I'm also having that issue of already expanded drop-downs 😞

Regards,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have alerted Adobe to this. Is the problem in 2019 with Classic or the new UI?

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I'm using the new UI.

I also submitted it in Adobe Track as issue RH-6288

Regards,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk

Im using RH 2017, so if its maybe its more to do with the browser or some recent development outside of RoboHelp. I'm using Google Chrome FYI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

In this case it's related to the freshly released update.

I could recreate it with a new project, and the Organic skin. It's related to dropdowns as snippet, with a snippet as dropdown-text. It worked in version 9 but in version 10 it leads to an expanded dropdown.

I uploaded a sample project, and Adobe is already investigating it.

Regards,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to ask the obvious question then, have you both tried more than one browser?

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Chrome and Edge: both same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp