• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Frameless skins in RH2020

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, I have my help delivered as HTML5 through RH2020. I am now exploring the tool to produce Frameless output.

I'm a novice user with not a lot of CSS expertise but have been able to make decent progress using the Skin editor. I've made a copy of the default Studio skin and am making changes to it. While things seem to be working, I'm not been able to figure removing elements from the skin. For example, the skin adds a "share" icon by default. I do not need this, but I'm not able to remove it.

While I've been able to play around with the styling of elements, any help around removing unwanted elements is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had a look at Peter Grainge's site (grainge.org)? That would be your first place to check on frameless and skin modifying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skin > Layout > Topic Page Buttons

Delete it there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter!

Please see this screenshot:

Tarun5C71_0-1616687076032.png

With your recommendation, I was able to remove the elements from the top of the page, near the "search" button.

But am yet to figure how to remove the 3 buttons (Expand/collapse, Favorites, Share) from the toolbar and the buttons (Set as Favorite, Print, Remove highlight) on the mini-toc on the right.

Any pointers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most things are in the Skin Editor. You can remove buttons here,

Saved and Select Bookmark are what I think you need to remove. Create a new skin and check it out there.

You can either remove Share or limit what is in it by looking in Sharing Options.

image.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A useful tip is to have a "Test Project" for trying out things without risking damage to your real project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp