Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed a video in RoboHelp HTML 10

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It seems a few people have asked questions similar to this but I haven't found a good answer. We create videos in Camtasia as MP4 files. We would like to insert the videos into RoboHelp 10. The output we are using is WebHelp and I need the videos to work in Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox. I'm not HTML savvy, however one of the developers here helped me and we inserted this into the HTML:

<video width="320" height="240" controls="">

<source src="VIDEO_FILEPATH" type="video/mp4">

Your browser does not support the video tag.

</video>

And removed:

<object data="VIDEO_FILEPATH.mp4"

classid="CLSID:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b"

codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab"

type="video/quicktime"

style="border: none;">

<param name="src" value="Images/ConfiguringArcGISDesktopConnections.mp4"

/>

<param name="autoplay" value="false"  />

<param name="autostart" value="false"  />

<param name="ShowControls" value="1"  />

<param name="controller" value="true"  />

</object>

The output worked great in Chrome. In IE 10, the video didn't display at all. In Firefox the audio played but no video (although on the developer's machine it worked fine).

I have TCS Suite 4 on my laptop and have never really used Captivate. So it's possible I could convert MP4 in Captivate to another format if that will work.

These files will be deployed on internal servers, not on the Internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken, until Adobe finally creates a version of RoboHelp that makes anything other than Captivate easy to do, your likely best approach will involve carefully re-creating the Camtasia folder structure created in the output you produced, then carefully adding baggage files from each of the folders to your RoboHelp project.

Once you have done all this, you then link to the HTML page Camtasia created that presents the video.

I would strongly encourage everyone to hammer Adobe with feature requests to make this process better and more seamless. Video is everywhere!

Click here to file a feature request

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. I submitted a feature request.

This is a major bummer. One division of our company uses Flare while we use RoboHelp (it is a long story). When I spoke to the Flare users, they said they have no such issue. This could turn into such a critical need that we may be forced to switch to Flare. Ugh!

Please Adobe, make the needed upgrades to RoboHelp!!!

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I figured out a short-term solution. Inserting the videos as a hyperlink. It launches in the WebHelp. When done, I click the back button to return to the help page the video was launched from. Not ideal but it worked in Chrome, IE, and Firefox.

Thanks!

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ken, I know this is an old thread, but wonder if you can tell me how you got the hyperlinks to work, or if you found a better solution. See Hyperlinks to video does not open the video, a similarly-aged unresolved thread that I tagged on to.

I appreciate any guidance,

Laurie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp