Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when starting RoboHelp 2020 Trial

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed RoboHelp 15 but when I click on "Start free trial", I always get the message "An error occurred". I cannot get past this screen.

I have installed RoboHelp on three different machines already and the problem is the same. I installed first with admin privileges. The second time I asked the system administrator to install from his admin account. He tried installing it in a location other than the default as well (to check if the problem is that RoboHelp cannot write to the Program Files folder or something similar). It is always the same issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons but also because you have to save them before you can view them. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum, if you do save the attachment, you then have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

I have edited the title of the thread as it saves having to "translate" the number into the general name.

Have you tried rebooting the machine and trying again? That said I'm more inclined to wonder if there is something wrong with the installer download. First I would try downloading it again from https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html That will include update 1.

Where are you running the installer from? With this problem I would copy the extracted download to the machine and ideally on the C drive, then install to the default location. I don't know about this version but RoboHelp has never worked nicely with locations other than the default.

Your IT might also want to try something like Revo Uninstaller to make sure the uninstall is squeaky clean. Reboot after the uninstall.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the lightning-fast reply. I have checked and I used the same installer that you posted. I have actually downloaded it twice already, just to be sure. And I have done restarts after each installation and uninstallation. I'm really out of ideas. Has no one else had this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have done everything I suggested including an uninstaller (only if you are confident enough to use such tools), then I think you will have to go to Support. Let us know what they find.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will let you know how this is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shoot them an e-mail at tcssup@adobe.com - I suspect it's because your corporate environment has blocked the port that Adobe uses to "phone home" for activations. But only the RH folks will be able to tell you which one needs to be freed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot! Will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp