• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to Import Documents when publishing FM2017 to Responsive HTML5

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on setting up procedures to publish a number of FM books to Responsive HTML5 from FM.  I am able to successfully publish some books, but others fail with the following (I get this same message if I try to publish even just a single FM file)

I have also tried importing books or individual fm files into RH and get this same (or similar error).

I have taken a look at the logs, but very little information is provided other than that it failed importing.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

There's an "invisible" limit of about 30 characters - I first ran into it when I was importing FM docs on a long network drive path into a RH project located in c:\projects\Project_name\ - some xrefs would work fine & others on the same page wouldn't. Once I moved the whole FM source into a location with a shorter name, it all worked well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied all patches? Check for excessively long path and file name lengths too - the import engine is sensitive to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes on the patches.. but I think you are on to something with the long file names...

I was able to "fix" the problem for one fm file I was test publishing.  The fm file had a number of inset fm documents, some of which had word inset documents.  That is, there are nested insets in the FM file I was publishing to responsive html5.  I converted all insets, including the nested insets, and then the file would publish without error.  Is there a limit to either the number of insets I can have in an FM document, or the level of nesting allowed?  The fm file/book publishes fine to PDF with the nested insets.

so maybe it is the length of file names coming into play with the insets and nested insets...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an "invisible" limit of about 30 characters - I first ran into it when I was importing FM docs on a long network drive path into a RH project located in c:\projects\Project_name\ - some xrefs would work fine & others on the same page wouldn't. Once I moved the whole FM source into a location with a shorter name, it all worked well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff.... I appreciate your quick help on this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp