• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM Book and RH Linking Issue

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Description: When I link FM Book to RH 2019 and map FM styles to RH default styles, nothing happens. Am using the following versions of RH and FM: RH: 2019.0.12 and 15.0.5.838

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Link FM book to RH 2019 Project
2. Select topics for pagination (example: title0 and title1)
3. In Paragraphs, map FM tags with RH default CSS (example: title0 with Heading1, title1 with Heading2)
4. Click Save Settings
5. Create/Update Topics.

Actual Result: The mapping does not happen. Also, when I revisit the link settings, all my changes are gone.

Expected Result:
1. RH should create HTML topics based on pagination
2. RH should map the FM styles to the new RH styles. Request help as there are many FM books and I cannot change every heading levels to h1, h2 etc so that it appears in the mini-toc.

Thanks,

Sharada

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Jeff, thank you for voting this.

Adobe, thank you for fixing this 🙂

The recent upgrade (2019.0.13) has this fix.

Thanks

Sharada

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try adding your screenshots inserted into the post instead of as an attachment? They don't seem to be visible as attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your response. I have added the images as part of post. Hope this helps.

Problem Description: When I link FM Book to RH 2019 and map FM styles to RH default styles, nothing happens. Am using the following versions of RH and FM: RH: 2019.0.12 and 15.0.5.838

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Link FM book to RH 2019 Project
2. Select topics for pagination (example: title0 and title1)

Pagination.png

3. In Paragraphs, map FM tags with RH default CSS (example: title0 with Heading1, title1 with Heading2)

Mapping.png

4. Click Save Settings
5. Create/Update Topics.

Actual Result: The mapping does not happen. Also, when I revisit the link settings, all my changes are gone.

Expected Result:
1. RH should create HTML topics based on pagination
2. RH should map the FM styles to the new RH styles. Request help as there are many FM books and I cannot change every heading levels to h1, h2 etc so that it appears in the mini-toc.

Thanks,

Sharada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that it's not paginating as it should is the immediate problem - I'm wondering if it has something to do with the periods in your FM paragraph tags. I would do a test experiment to see if you can get pagination working by trying some other tag without periods in the name. If you haven't got any FM para tags without periods, try either importing or linking the FM content with a RH2019 Classic project as a test comparison. If Classic works, then you have a solid case for a bug to be logged in the Tracker (Adobe Tracker) for the new UI. Once you get pagination taken care of, you can proceed on to the style mapping issues (I'm pretty sure there's more than one now with the new UI based on another recent thread).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your response.

I tested based on your suggestions:

1. Removed the periods in FM para tags and linked the files
  2. Created another project using import

Same results. I have raised a defect with adobe tracker.

My responsive help created using Robohelp Classic works perfectly fine. However, the same does not work as expected using the RH 2019. We were planning to move to frameless output , so I hope this issue gets resolved at the earliest.

Thanks

Sharada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the Tracker link, so that others can vote on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thank you. Here is the link: RH-7029

Thanks

Sharada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff, thank you for voting this.

Adobe, thank you for fixing this 🙂

The recent upgrade (2019.0.13) has this fix.

Thanks

Sharada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp