• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM crashing when I update linked files in RH

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM keeps crashing when I update linked files in RH. It then restarts, and the Web help is generated, but it is a nuisance and probably an indication of something that should be fixed. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which versions (and point releases) of FM and RH and are these part of the TechComm Suite or stand-alones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM 2015 & RH 2015, within TCS.
I did try blank FM files and RH projects, and there was no crash. (I also sent my working files to Adobe support, at their request, but have not heard back.)

The problem does seem to be something in my files, but I'm pretty meticulous about pasting text only, using referred graphics, not using objects, and sticking with my template styles, so I'm not sure where to look. It seemed that, at one point, conditional text was causing a problem, but I tweaked that, and still experience difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you remember to whom in adobe you sent the files to? It seems they could not be traced - Could you please send them again to amagarwa [at] adobe [dot] com

Regards,

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent them to 'Raj Kumar Gupta'  rakumarg at adobe.com and I will send them to you too.
Sorry for the delays in answering, I am out of office and checking email occasionally until Oct.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with Raj but it seems the attachment mail got blocked by Adobe IT and its unretrievable now as much time has elapsed since then.

You might need to send it again (pls let me know when you send it) or best would be to share a download link via dropbox or other.

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sending you a drop box link by mail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We tried on several machines by updating the linked book in a new project in RH 2015 - it updated fine without crashes.

There could be several reasons for it to crash at your end:

- Since the .book was without images - the reason could be due to heavy images?

- May be due to some project corruption - here 1) deleting the project .cpd file or 2) creating a new project might help

Please try the 2 options if they solve the problem at your end. If not, you may need to share your entire project.

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have you tried with a new RoboHelp project and a simple Fm document to see if they also crash. That would determine whether it is a project/document problem or a general problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp