We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Copy link to clipboard
I am creating a CHM by generating WebHelp and then using the WebHelp to CHM feature. My context sensitive calls to a specific topic are working fine, but I do not like the appearance of the Show link that appears at the top of the page when the help is opened via a context call. I would like to change this to "Show Contents" or "Help Contents" and I want to change the font. I am using Arial in my help project but the Show links seems to be Times New Roman and I can't see a way to change this. Any help would be appreciated.
Copy link to clipboard
Go through the Project Settings to find the Language tab - find the section that has your wording and change it there; or, find your project's .LNG file and edit it in a text editor outside of RH.
Thank you. I was able to change the label. Is there a way to change the formatting? I would like to at least change it from Times font to Arial.
I had a quick look at an old project of mine and it's inheriting the font from the body tag in my topic css (Other > Background + Text (BODY) ). If the body font isn't set it uses the browser default font as far as I can see (which I think by default in IE is Times New Roman).
Poking around in the developer tools, the link gets a class of 'whtbtnshow', so you could add that as a hyperlink style in your topic stylesheet and set the font there.
Thanks for your research. This did take care of the formatting in the link in the WebHelp format, but not the CHM. (Actually I think updating the "Hyperlink" hyperlink style to Arial took care if it initially.) But it is still Times New Roman in the CHM file that I am generating from the WebHelp.
I currently have the Hyperlink style set to Arial as well as the Background + Text (BODY) set to Arial. I also created a whtbtnshow hyperlink style and assigned Arial to that. But the resulting CHM still shows Times New Roman, which must be the default font like you mentioned above. So for some reason, WebHelp is behaving correctly but not the CHM.
Huh. I'm not sure what to suggest. What I described works for me generating webhelp then converting to CHM using the supplied script and then using the CSH Test tool for the context sensitive call.
I think there must be something overriding your font, but I don't know where to begin looking.
Edit: Best I can think is open your style sheet in a text editor and search for 'Times'. Maybe table, tr or td has the font set to Times New Roman?
I just looked at this again and think I have figured out what is going on. You were right, both that it was using the hyperlink class "whtbtnshow" and that it was using the default IE font (Times New Roman). I think because my Normal font was Arial and the whtbtnshow font was Arial, it was ignoring the font when it converted from WebHelp to CHM, and, therefore, was displaying the default IE font instead. (It did pay attention to the size of the whtbtnshow.) My solution was to change the font of whtbtnshow to something other than Arial, but something that matches Arial better than Times New Roman. This isn't perfect, but will work for me. Thanks for your help!
I did some more digging. The Show/Hide text won't pick up your Normal style as the text it isn't wrapped in a p tag, which is what Robohelp "normal" is.
The only time I can reproduce what you see is when I don't have a font specifically defined for both the body tag and .whtbtnshow class, or I have Times New Roman set on the table tag.
I'm not sure if that helps you, but it's some more information for someone in future.
Oh, and for those who aren't comfortable with editing the css file, the body tag can be found in the Styles dialog box under Other > Background + Text (BODY).
I tried it again and you are right. I think the first time, I thought I had Arial selected as my font for the whtbtnshow hyperlink style because that what it showed in the drop-down menu in the style editor, and also that is how the text appeared in the preview. After looking at this closer, I don't think Arial was listed in the style description, so it wasn't really applying Arial to the style. After changing the font to something else and then changing it back, the Arial font was correctly applied and the resulting CHM looks good. Thanks!