Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frameless Output | Anchors and MiniToc do not work in tables

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to solve an issue with the Frameless output. It seems that HTML anchors like <a id="foo"></a> do not work properly when the anchor is in a table cell. This also affects headings in a table cell that would be part of the mini-TOC in the right panel. 

I have tested this in the RoboHelp Reimagined project. Here are the steps I used:

1. Open the RoboHelp Reimagined project
  2. Open any topic sufficiently long that you need to scroll to see contents
  3. Insert a two row table "below the fold" so that it is not visible when you first open the topic in generated output, but not so far down that it's at the very bottom of the page
  4. In the first row, insert an H2 with arbitrary text
  5. In second row, insert any text and use the Insert Bookmark button on the editing toolbar to insert any book mark below the text; give the bookmark an arbitrary name (e.g., foo)
  6. Select arbitrary text at the top of the topic to link to the bookmark you just created
    Example: <a href="#foo">Text</a>
  7. Genearte Frameless output
  8. Test the mini-ToC to go to the H2; obeserve that the top of the page displays instead of the relevant heading
  9. Test the link you created to your bookmark; observe that the top of the page displays instead of the anchor location
  10. Generate Responsive HTML5 output and perform the same tests; note that this works as expected

Any suggestions as to how to get anchors to work properly inside tables for Frameless output?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware of the bookmark in a table issue and have already reported it. I hadn't picked up on the headings not showing in the minitoc and will add that.

For the bookmark issue the only "solution" is to put the bookmark above the the table.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the bug report. Voting for it helps.

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-6899

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response.

The minitoc issue is that the headings do show in the minitoc, but they do not jump to the correct section. It is probably the same root cause as the bookmark/anchor issue, since I think the minitoc is adding custom anchors during output generation. At least, that seems to be the case when you hover over the entries in the minitoc and look at the destination URL in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see what I added to the bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks perfect. Thank you, and voted for the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp