• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker Link Settings in RoboHelp 2020 - Mapping paragraph styles to HTML Tags

New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to map a FrameMaker Heading1 paragraph style to a RoboHelp (CSS) H1 tag.

I want the end HTML to be something like:

<h1> ... </h1>

Instead I get:

<p class="Heading1"> .... </p>

Notes:

- Using fully patched FrameMaker and RoboHelp 2020. 

- Separately I migrated the project and I do get the expected <h1> tag, but the migrated project doesn't retain the link to the source FrameMaker book, so it's not much use. (I've raised a bug with Adobe.)

- Mapping appears to be correct (see screenshot)

PaulJena_0-1620902474039.png

- default.dfs - is there a way of mapping the FrameMaker style to h1 using <htmltag> ?

This isn't the only issue I have with FrameMaker link settings but if I can get this to work maybe the same method can be used with the rest. 

All help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Separately I migrated the project and I do get the expected <h1> tag, but the migrated project doesn't retain the link to the source FrameMaker book, so it's not much use." - that sounds like you've imported the FM content, not linked it (imports are a one-and-done sort of scenario). There may be a bug where the mapping in a linked project isn't working.

Have you tried creating a new blank RH project and linked the FM content to it? I'm unclear of the processes you've tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The migration (using Upgrade RoboHelp Classic Project) was a separate project, all of the formatting came through as expected including the header tags but no link to the source FrameMaker files.

I created a new, empty project and linked in a FrameMaker book. The content is linked but the mapping doesn't appear to work as expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like there are 2 bugs - migrating linked projects don't preserve the linking to the source FM content & fresh projects are linking, but not respecting your mapping selections. Better fire up the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/) 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated an existing ticket I raised on linking issues: RH-9116, Issues with linking FrameMaker (FM) to RoboHelp (RH). Thanks for your help again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

This issue has been resolved in update 5. Did it work for you?

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek

The settings may be saved but the more important point is they're not being correctly applied and that is still the case. The example of mapping failure given above still applies.

Best Regards

Paul 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paul,

Surbhi has written to you for some issues. Let's discuss this also as part of that.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp