• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GENERAL under Topic List

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML5  - When importing a document that has 1 heading and 1 paragraph under a folder in PM, I get a file named GENERAL under Topic List. Why?

I also have 1 imported document that has 1 heading and a list of hyperlinks and I do not get GENERAL. Why?

Thanks

Julia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Hello again

I believe I've solved your mystery.

If you open the document in Microsoft Word and click the File tab and look at the Info section, you note there are attributes (Properties) that are assigned to the document itself. One of the Properties is named "Title". And as you can see in the image below, this field presently contains the word "General".

So it would appear that if this field is completed, RoboHelp interprets that as what you want for the title. I didn't see it in my test because

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?Importing from Word? What's the document file named?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Section 23 Print Package

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Section23PrintPackage.docx is the document with 1 heading and 1 paragraph.

The second word document is UsefulLinks.docx that has 1 heading and 8 hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have "General" in the heading? Is there a "General" folder where it's coming from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO, only under Topic list, then I renamed it.  It works find just couldn't find an explanation for GENERAL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will run a test Monday and send screen shots to you.  It happened on 4 different documents.

Have a good weekend.

Julia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are willing to share the document I'd be happy to try and re-create on my end and see if I can offer a coherent explanation.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a short word document and saved as   Section 99 Work.jpg

The header is style Heading 1 and rest of document  is normal.

Julia General input file.jpg

The output .jpg shows GENERAL under topic list and design. I can rename and it works correctly.

I do have more of this type. What do you think a fix would be?

Thank you. Julia

Julia General test 11July16.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, why are you saving a Word document with a .jpg file extension? Or was that a typo?

And my offer still stands. If you want to send me a sample word document that causes this behavior, I'd be happy to look at it on my end.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved document as jpg just for you  to see. I don't see attach file , only attach image.

How do I send the .doc to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try using http://www.wetransfer.com

My email address is rickstone1975 (at) gmail (dot) com

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I SENT THE .DOC TO YOUR PERSONAL EMAIL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I believe I've solved your mystery.

If you open the document in Microsoft Word and click the File tab and look at the Info section, you note there are attributes (Properties) that are assigned to the document itself. One of the Properties is named "Title". And as you can see in the image below, this field presently contains the word "General".

So it would appear that if this field is completed, RoboHelp interprets that as what you want for the title. I didn't see it in my test because when I created a new empty document, this field simply reads: Add a title.

To change it, just click on the field and type what you want to see there.

tmp3.png

Hope this helps you have the beginning of a terrific week!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goodness, would never have looked there. 

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL, playing Sherlock can be fun, no?

When my own document didn't produce it and yours did, I began picking apart what may be different between the two.

Happy to have helped! And we both learned something as a result and who knows how many others that may find this thread later!

So that's always a Win Win Win situation. And my inspiration for hanging out here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I was attempting to re-create your issue on my end by just trying to create a Word document with some stuff in it as you show and importing.

While my test didn't produce the same results you are showing, I'm wondering about something.

When you choose to import from Word, you have options to "Paginate" the Word document. What the pagination does is to create new HTML topics based on perhaps heading levels. Most often, you see Heading 1 used. So if your Word document has a Heading 1 that is named "General" and you are paginating on Heading 1, you would certainly see a topic created that was named "General", as the process names the new topics based on the text in the Word document that is formatted with Heading 1 (or whatever means you are paginating on).

Is this possibly the case here?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp