Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting a list of all links in a project

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any way to get a list of all links inside a project?  Full URLs, relative paths, what have you -- basically anything that would start with the <a href=" tag.

For various network architecture reasons that I barely understand and cannot influence, we have to change all our links to our merged projects to relative paths. But those links don't appear in the URL section in Project Manager.  I'm looking for a way to see them.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

Interesting screen name you have there. LOL

One possible way would be to use the Reports. In RoboHelp 2015 Release, click the Tools tab and then the Topic Properties.

tmp5.png

Then you will want to click the Options button and ensure that only the option for links from the topic is enabled.

tmp6.png

This should get you links from Topics. Keep in mind that there could be other links too. Links from the TOC, the Index, Headers and/or Footers, External Content Search, etc.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I had no idea this feature was there.  Unfortunately, it also ignores links that aren't either full URLs or links within the project. Links like <a href="../../product/feature/process.htm"> are getting left out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe in your initial post you said this:

For various network architecture reasons that I barely understand and cannot influence, we have to change all our links to our merged projects to relative paths.

It's worth noting that the links that are absent are absent because they are already using a relative path. Actually, in RoboHelp projects, you usually kind of have to jump through some hoops in order to coax a path that isn't relative.

So if this is the case, why would these links be an issue? Seems the only real concern here is to discover links that are kind of "hard coded" or "absolute".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a requirement I have had previously as well. If you are interested, I have a very basic script that pushes all links to the output view. The only downside is that it crashes your RoboHelp after 2500 topics Not a problem for my project, but this script is far from production grade.

If you're interested, contact me at contact [at] wvanweelden [dot] eu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent -- thanks!  I'll be in touch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of our links outside the project are currently absolute (in that they are full "http://yaddayadda.com" links). Those are the ones we have to start changing.  I'm getting more gray hairs just thinking about it.

What I'm trying to get is a way to see at a glance where each project is linking to. Easy enough with full URLs.  Linking to external sources with relative paths doesn't list like that, and it would be a friggin nightmare if we had to move some content, as we've had to do before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp