Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic callouts imported as separate files

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all.

I have imported a word document into RH11 in win7 environment. In Word, the document creator used the Word graphics tools to put outlines around graphic elements of particular interest.

When I import the Word document, those outlines are imported as separate graphics files and I can't simply drag them into place. Is there a way to get RoboHelp to import the graphic in one piece?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?I think you need to "flatten" the image so that all the bits are considered all one part of the image. Not sure how you tell Word to do that - maybe use another graphic tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?Quick Google reveals that you need to group all the objects that make up the image & then paste special to a new doc to get just 1 image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jeff. Thanks for that info. Unfortunately, Word will not let me select the figure and the outlines on top of it. I've gone through every option here:

Select a shape or other object - Office Support

--Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Personally, I'd use a screen capture utility to capture the image as it appears in Word. Then insert that captured image into the topic.

Or, if you are linking the Word document, remove all the separate images and replace it with the captured equivalent.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick.

Yeah, I know I can redo it manually, just hoping I don't have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nancy,

I have the same problem when I import Word document with complex images into RH.

Here is my workaround:

In Word,

- I create a drawing area

- I import screenshots into this drawing area and I add any other needed drawing objects (captions, text, lines, etc.)

-  I copy my drawing area

- Special Paste / Image (improved metafile)

Doing so, you don't need any external capture tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp