• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Heading highlighting when miniTOC link clicked

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For starters: I am using RoboHelp 2015, Multiscreen HTML5 output, creating exclusively for IE11 (since that's what my coworkers are forced to use on their work computers).

Now to my question:

I would love to be able to use the yellow fade technique to make it easier for my readers to see exactly where a link had jumped down to from the mini Table of Contents generated by RoboHelp.

The problem I've run into is that when RoboHelp generates the link between the miniTOC and the headers, it adds an anchor tag in the form of:

<a name="MiniTOCBookMark1"></a>

I've discussed this before in a previous question.

The yellow fade technique is easy and I think would work seamlessly in RoboHelp if the anchor link had an ID instead of a name, but the CSS ":target" selector doesn't respond to the "name" attribute.

Has anyone found a workaround that allowed them to use this technique? I've been wracking my brain for something that would be easy to implement through the CSS without having to edit all of my help topics individually.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Hi there

The only thing that comes to mind is to avoid using the Mini TOC and just create your own links at the top as well as the anchors you want up and down the page.

The thing is, life is rife with trade offs. If you want this "yellow fade technique", you will sacrifice using the Mini TOC and the efficiency it provides.

What you might do is to submit a wish form asking the RoboHelp developers to consider amending the code created by the placeholder so it will better accommodate things like this

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The only thing that comes to mind is to avoid using the Mini TOC and just create your own links at the top as well as the anchors you want up and down the page.

The thing is, life is rife with trade offs. If you want this "yellow fade technique", you will sacrifice using the Mini TOC and the efficiency it provides.

What you might do is to submit a wish form asking the RoboHelp developers to consider amending the code created by the placeholder so it will better accommodate things like this.

Click here to open the Wish Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

~sigh~ I was fairly sure that was the case, but thought I'd check with the community first, just in case. Thanks for the link to the Wish Form. I was just looking for some way to communicate with Adobe about this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp