• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I display topic font background color (h1, h2, etc.) styles in output?

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set up my topic headers (Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3, etc.) to include a background color as well as font color, but when I generate my HTML Preset the styles are not displayed. My skin is Azure Blue. I have set up my heading styles as per screen capture on left below. But when I my generate my preset those heading styles are not included. Please help.

Heading styles in topics
Output does not display heading styles
TopicHeaderColor.jpgTopicHeaderNoColor.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

I thought the ability to apply an overriding CSS was in the presets but certainly it is not with Update 5 applied. Do you have a master page applied to your topics and does that have the required CSS applied to it?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the CSS that the output is using - are they defined correctly in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I don't see where you assign CSS in output?? I checked my output HTML preset (General, Content, Layout, Search, and Publish) and there is no place to assign a style sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is screen capture my default CSS describing h1 heading.

defaultCSS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So open up default.css outside of RH and see how h1 is being defined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the ability to apply an overriding CSS was in the presets but certainly it is not with Update 5 applied. Do you have a master page applied to your topics and does that have the required CSS applied to it?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I found what I was looking for on the Topic tab of my Master Page and applied my default style sheet and it worked!

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I think it would be a good idea to add an overriding CSS in the HTML5 presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be - it seems to have disappeared in this version of RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is now done through the use of Master Pages.

When creating a master page you can apply a CSS style sheet to it. When you generate

an output, the hierarchy will be:

• Where topics have master pages applied but no master page is defined in the preset, the CSS of the master page(s) set in the topics will apply. If there are topics without a master page defined, they will display using their own CSS.
  • Where a master page is defined in a preset, that will override the CSS of both the topics and the master page(s) applied to them.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp