• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add a robohelp 11 project to version control without RoboHelp SharePoint Connector

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add a robohelp 11 project to version control where we have subversion but not RoboHelp SharePoint Connector?

I created a new project and selected File, Version Control, Add to Version Control. The only option I have is RoboHelp SharePoint Connector. It does not give me to option to point directly to the repository server. We do not have RoboHelp SharePoint Connector. We have Subversion on our new server but we do not have PushOK. Can we use version control with subversion and not using PushOK?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

There are 2 ways to use Subversion: with plugin and without plugin.

1. Without plugin, you manage check in and check out with the subversion client and RoboHelp will work as if you didn't use source control. I would not recommend this option.
  2. With plugins. A little more work to set up but you can manage everything from RoboHelp. Required if you want multiple authors to work on the same project at the same time. Instructions (for RH9 but still valid): Integrating RoboHelp projects with Subversion | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might find more answers if you checked the Source Control forum - https://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp/robosource_control

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post moved to source control forum.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 2 ways to use Subversion: with plugin and without plugin.

1. Without plugin, you manage check in and check out with the subversion client and RoboHelp will work as if you didn't use source control. I would not recommend this option.
  2. With plugins. A little more work to set up but you can manage everything from RoboHelp. Required if you want multiple authors to work on the same project at the same time. Instructions (for RH9 but still valid): Integrating RoboHelp projects with Subversion | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp