• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I connect images to topics so that the output folder includes has a complete help system?

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to send my output folder to developers so that they can integrate my topics with the images. I saved my output folder to my desktop and when I clicked on the index.htm file, I got my help system with text only topics.

2019-02-27 15_50_25-SitePortal Help System.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

That Images folder doesn't seem right. Is there an "images" folder within the "assets" folder that contains the images in your project?

I'm wondering if somehow you linked to images outside your project, which would explain why it works on your C drive, but not when you copy the output folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they appear properly in the project? How are they referenced in the project? Do you have them located in an Images folder within the project or as Baggage files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They appear properly in the project. I have the images in an images folder located as C:\RoboHelp2019\Unified2\Images. I don't know what baggage files are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using RH2019 (new style, not Classic?) - have you applied the latest patch? If you leave RH to set the output location, do the images show up then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that when I delete the images folder in an upper directory and then generate my html5 it creates a new images folder.

Before generation -

noImagesFolder.jpg

After generation -

WithImagesFolder.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the latest version 2019.0.5.

When I go outside of RoboHelp and go to the outputs folder from windows Explorer and click on a topic, yes the images show up.

RoboHelp2019_outputs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Images folder doesn't seem right. Is there an "images" folder within the "assets" folder that contains the images in your project?

I'm wondering if somehow you linked to images outside your project, which would explain why it works on your C drive, but not when you copy the output folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amebr,

You are correct. I had imported my project from another project and set up the images folder in the wrong place.

I was unable to mark this correct by going to the original forum question.

Thank you,

Rory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amebr,

I was able to mark your answer correct. Thank you again.

Rory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp