• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i sync updated framemaker files with robohelp 2015?

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Framemaker 11 and testing with robohelp 2015 trial version. I successfully generated the responsive html5 output. I then updated a few things in the source framemaker files. In the Project tab I selected the Update option and it seemed to be updating but when I generated the output the updates were not displayed, it showed me what my last output was prior to the updates. How do I sync up the updated FM files with the my robo project?

-Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, you would need to be using the TechComm Suite Versions with FM11 as there still was a "secret sauce" that allowed FM to properly communicate with RH. With FM12, this restriction was lifted. You could try doing this with a trial version of FM2015. Note: with FM12, the Publish component incorporates many RH features and you can directly create responsive HTML5 output from FM without the need for RH (though you have more granularity and control using RH).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are telling me that I have to start a new project in order for my RH output to reflect the latest FM source files? Oy. Ok well I made a lot of style customizations regarding para and character headings and various other things in the RH settings. Could I start a new project and then duplicate my RH settings in the new project via a RH tool or setting?

-Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw this after reply to your other thread. I don't think Arnis is saying you have to start a new project, rather you have to open it in a different version.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, can you tell me what you mean by different version?

Currently the 'update' function does not work FM11, is there no way around this other than upgrading to FM12? Having to create a new project every time I modify a source FM file is absurd.

Thanx,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to link FM to RH you used to have to buy the TCS versions of each; that got changed starting in FM12 – standalone versions of FM12 & RH11 could be linked to each other. By FM2015, a lot of the help generating capacity of RH have been sucked into FM under the guise of “Publishing” your content directly out of FM. A finer level of control over the output is still achievable by going the FM to RH route.

Your version of FM (11) would only be able to link to RH10 projects under the TCS umbrella. Otherwise, you would use the import route & throw away your RH project each time you needed to create a new version of the help content out of FM. BTW, it works fine doing it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp