• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn off glossary and/or index button for Responsive HTML5?

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want to use a Glossary or Index, only TOC and Search for my help system. Can I turn off the glossary and index buttons with the Responsive HTML5 output?

I deselected those two items in Project Set-up - Windows - main - properties. But that seems to affect Web Help but not Responsive HTML5.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

his requires some tinkering in the Screen Layout files. In short: (a)

Remove the glossary and index tabs from the pages. (b) Remove the links

to glossary and index for mobile device from the pages. (c) Remove the

Index and Glossary pages from the layout.

This is a bit of a bother as it is not as easy as you might want it to

be. If you like, I can post up an amended version of the layout to use.

From which layout do you need an amended version?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need it for Desktop, Phone, and tablet. That would be great if I could get an amended version. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2014 Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see:

https://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2014/03/27/adobe-robohelp-responsive-layout-toc-only

This is the responsive layout, but then without the IDX and GLO.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William,

If I were to download this layout, where should I download it to on my local drive and how do I get it to show in the list of layouts in the RH New Screen Layout window, Gallery section? I too create help that does't use a glassary or index, so your layout is of interest to me.

I am having trouble in general trying to figure out how to make a newly imported screen layout available such that I can assign it to a new single source layout. Per a separate post http://forums.adobe.com/message/6267150#6267150. I just began a trial use of RH 11 this week to research upgrading from RH 9.

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Continued to experiment after my initial post. I downloaded your file to 2 locations. C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 11\RoboHTML\MultiscreenExt\ScreenLayouts\en_US and C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 11\RoboHTML\ResponsiveHelpExt\Layouts\en_US. I imported the file into the Screen Layouts folder of the Project Set-up pod.

For my Responsive HTML5 single source layout I'm working with, I still am unsuccessful in getting anything to show in the Gallery of New Screen Layout window other than the 2 layouts delivered standard as part of the RH11 trial. Am I missing a step?

I then decided to try a Multiscreen HTML5 single source layout and I was able to see and apply your screen layout to the Desktop, Tablet, and Phone screen profiles. I successfully generated help output from there. Side note,  I could also see some other layouts I had previously downloaded and imported (which also don't show up in the Gallery for Responsive HTML5). So some success today.

Still curious about the 'Gallery' issue if anyone else has run into that with any of their imported layouts.

Thanks,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp