• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change breadcrumb separators for RoboHelp 2019 frameless outputs.

Enthusiast ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Breadcrumb separators + frameless outputs! By default, you get a ":" (colon) after the starting "Home" breadcrumb and then a "/" (forward slash) for subsequent separators. But, how and where do you change these? I looked into it and here's what I found; perhaps there's an easier method. 

Change the Home separator

Go to Output>Labels>English (US) (this is the default/only language for my project - yours may be different) and select FRAMELESS. In BreadcrumbStart, replace the ":" character with the "|" - or whatever character you prefer. Save the changes. That's the easy one. The forward slash is a little trickier.

Change subsequent separators

Finding where to change this took some digging, but it appears to be controlled/specified using the following code in several instances of the layout.css file that are installed/stored under the RoboHelp 2019 program files (file paths provided below):

.rh-layout-BCRUMBS-list-item::before {
content: "/";
margin: 0 0.5rem 0 0;
color: #707070;

Based on my testing, it appears you need to manually perform this modification for all 4 (four) instances of the following layout.css file: 

1. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2019\resources\data\template\layouts\frameless\layout.css
  2. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2019\resources\data\template\layouts\frameless_homepage\layout.css
  3. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2019\resources\data\template\layouts\preview\en_us\frameless\template\frameless\layout.css
  4. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2019\resources\data\template\layouts\preview\en_us\frameless_homepage\template\frameless_homepage\layout.css

Tip: Before making these changes, shut down RoboHelp, create backup copies of each layout.css file (e.g., copy and rename to layout.css.original). You may also need to blow out your output files before generating the output to view the changes (I'm not sure yet if generating output completely overwrites every existing file in the output location or just those it detects have changed). 

Logged a feature request to incorporate this configuration functionality into the RH 2019 GUI: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-5728

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?