Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create application tooltips in RoboHelp

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to RoboHelp 2020.3.32. I created a first project and have successfully generated pdf and Frameless output.

I also want to create and maintain text strings for a software application, so that they can be used within the application for tool tips etc. How can I implement this?

These text strings need to be exported from Robohelp in XML and imported to the software?

Is there a proven workflow for this with Robohelp?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really AFAIK, but you might look into microcontent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These pages may help.

Microcontent (grainge.org)

Microhelp Output (grainge.org)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rainer,

You will have to author content as Microcontent and then generate Microhelp output. In Microhelp you have get various output format options, XML is one of them. You can take these output files and use for tooltips in your application. Intent name becomes the ID. 

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answers.

We had some discussions with the software department. They need an XML output. As far as I see, the microcontent feature in Robohelp can output html and xml. But if you choose xml, it is not freely definable.

I started to evaluate structured Framemaker for this task. In Framemaker I can define my own xml structure.

Regards, Rainer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rainer Frameuser What @Vivek Kumar said was to create the content as MicroContent but then generate a MicroHelp output where you select MicroContent groups.

image.png

Maybe that will give you what you need? Not my area but I wanted to clarify what @Vivek Kumar had said.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp