• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use same Source Files for New Versions of Product (Content Repurpose for future product releases)?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suppose, I have created a Project in RoboHelp for a Product N1 and generated WebHelp from it. Now with the release of Product N2, I upgraded the content in the same source files.

Now, I want RoboHelp to generate the conditional based output. The changes marked for new release (N2) should show in WebHelp for Product N2, but when I compile it again for Product N1, the updated content of N2 should not be included in it (N1 Web Help).

Please provide me the steps to fulfil this requirement.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Correction - When you generate you apply a build expression to exclude one of those.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have done your tagging correctly, you have untagged content that goes into both outputs and then some content tagged N1 and some tagged N2. When you generate you apply a tag to exclude one of those.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction - When you generate you apply a build expression to exclude one of those.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot. I performed the following steps.

1. Created Conditional Tags,

2. Added Build Expressions

3. Applied Conditional Tag on required paragraphs in the content

4. Excluded them in the required Output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp