• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 - Charcoal layout - Search Function not loading results

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using Robohelp 2017 and have several outputs that we use. For each output we are using the Charcoal HTML5 layout. Recently, the search function has not been processing any results in any of the outputs. When typing into the search bar it will list the suggested search however. I've attempted a little research on the issue and saw the solution that provided. Search does not work in Responsive HTML5 output generated from RoboHelp (2017 release) Update 2. I took the files within the zip folder and replaced them within the script folder of Robohelp and am still getting the same error with the search function. I have discovered that the issue only occurs in Internet Explorer however, which is the main web browser that our company prefers.

Our company is in the process of switching to a different terminal server and I've been working from the new server as of late and have been generating the outputs from the new server. I'm wondering if that is part of the issue and not all the robohelp files or scripts transferred over as clean as they should have? Any additional information to this issue or a possible resolution is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you noticing the same issues when looking at the output locally? If it works in the local output folder. but not on the webserver, then your missing files hypothesis is probably right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted from a local computer as opposed to the terminal server and received the same issue. I generated one of the outputs from the old remote desktop that I was using previously and surprisingly the search was working as it should on all three (the new server, old server, and local). As far as resolving the issue, would a backup of the "!SSL!" folder before I switched to the new server potentially resolve the issue? My thought is to replace the "!SSL!" folder with the backup "!SSL!" and then generate the outputs again. I'm not incredibly tech savvy but from research I've done the "!SSL!" is where the output is placed once generated correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you generate output, the corresponding sub-folder in the \!SSL!\ folder gets erased and created again. To preserve earlier output builds, rename them first (e.g. \!SSL!\WebHelp\ becomes \!SSL!\WebHelp.20190322\).

The fact that generating the same project on another instance of RH produces output that works indicates that you haven't applied whatever fixes needed to your other non-functioning-output-producing copy of RH. You should do a compare between machines to see what's different between the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you copy an old SSL folder, as soon as you generate again, the content is going to get rewritten so I wouldn't go there.

The issue is only when you generate from your desktop on the new terminal server, Using the old desktop on a different terminal server works OK. Correct?

It's possible the transfer did not copy things across. I'm not clear whether you applied the fix afresh following the instructions on Adobe's site or by copying the files from the old server to the new. Logically it shouldn't matter as long as you got it right but who knows?

I am wondering if the issue is related to the skin being out of sync with Update 2?

When RoboHelp 2017 Update 2 was issued, the skins were also updated . However, Adobe could not replace what was in existing outputs as it would have resulted in the loss of customisation. What you need to do is apply the later version of the skin. It is important that you do this by going to the Gallery button in the General settings of your output SSL. Select the layout again from there and give it a new name, you will not be able to save with the same name. There is a page on Adobe's site with layouts but that was never updated so don't use  the layout there.  See if that fixes the problem.

You will not lose your existing skin from your project so if that's not the problem, you can revert to it. If it is, problem solved but you will have to apply your customisation again.

Again if your project was working on one server and was copied 100% to the new, it should be OK but it might be worth a look as it shouldn't take long.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, I've generated the output from the Old Terminal Server and the search function has been working appropriately. I just generated the same output from the New Terminal Server and the search did not work as it should.

I just tried using the different skin as suggested from General > Gallery and still received the same issue with the search function on the New Terminal Server.

The files between the two Terminal Servers are in the same shared drive if that helps for additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you were sure you were using the same source project files on both machines? If so, it sounds like there must be some difference between the installation of RH on each machine - in the c:\program files (x86)\Adobe\RoboHelp areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, from what I see I am using the same project file on both servers. I have looked linked it to the new server as uploading from the old does not create the search issue. I plan on having them re-uploading RoboHelp to the new server once we have all of our users switched over to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation of RoboHelp on the new terminal server does have Update 2 applied?

This sounds more like something in the setup of the new server that you will need to speak to your IT guys about. Same version of Windows set up for you, same version of IE, same IE settings and so on.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I will have them look into the overall set up of the two servers and get them to the same settings. From what I can see on our new server we are using a different version of windows than on the old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I highly doubt that different versions of Windows has any impact on the production of the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp