• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks do not work when importing Word doc into RH2019

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike RH2019 Classic, when I import my word document into RH2019 New UI, the internal hyperlinks (those linking or referencing other chapters within the doucment) do not work.  When I click on them using the control key, it opens a duplicate window in Internet Explorer. But it does not go to the hyperlink location. External hyperlinks work just fine.

All the hyperlinks work just fine in RH2019 Classic when importing the same document.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated to get these internal hyperlinks to work non-Classic RH2019.

Thank you,

Ken 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

What I found was that if you import a document with internal links into any Classic version and paginate on Heading 1, the links to different parts of the document are then in separate topics but they still work.

Import the same document into 2019 New UI and clicking a link to something that is in another topic takes the user to the top of the topic they are already in, not the target. The link does not work.

This is a bug that I have reported. 

There is a workaround in Item 11 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh2019/using_rh2019.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we just updated a couple weeks ago to 2019.0.11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

Yes, we just updated a couple weeks ago to 2019.0.11.

We are puzzled why we can run our Word document through RH2017 and RH2019 Classic just fine, but the internal links do not work in non-Classic RH2019.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it's a bug in the New UI - check in the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Jeff.  I was not able to find a bug addressing this problem posted.  Unfortunately, I received an error message when trying to login. 

I will try again later.

Thank you,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it with Update 12 loaded - just came out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to updated to 12.  The hyperlinks still do not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the document? If you can, see the Contact page on my site. No need to use we transfer for the document. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I just sent you an email and document. 

I greatly appreciate the assistance.

Thank you,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I found was that if you import a document with internal links into any Classic version and paginate on Heading 1, the links to different parts of the document are then in separate topics but they still work.

Import the same document into 2019 New UI and clicking a link to something that is in another topic takes the user to the top of the topic they are already in, not the target. The link does not work.

This is a bug that I have reported. 

There is a workaround in Item 11 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh2019/using_rh2019.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp