Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks IN glossary

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm using Robohelp 2019 classic. 
I've researched this and tried it o my own. Is it possible to add a hyperlink in the glossary? I want to link from the glossary to a topic. 

I don't think it is possible but I am EAGER for someone to prove me wrong. 

Also I can move to the new Robohelp 2019 if it will make a difference.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doubtful - a glossary item is a one to many relationship; e.g. if "Dog" is my glossary entry, it could be found in 10 other topics, all talking about different breeds. Usually it's seen as the other way 'round (many to 1) - in each of the topics, whenever you see the term "dog", a link to the 1 glossary term is shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always avoided the glossary because it can only be a single paragraph of plain text. As I frequently need two paragraphs I've always created a separate topic I call "glossary" which allows me to include links or graphics as needed. I can't use the glossary hotspot wizard, but I find that an acceptable tradeoff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the new UI you can have multiple paragraphs but cannot format any content.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp