• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone found a way to return from a hyperlink to its origin?  each time i click on a hyperlink, a new window is opened but other than closing the window, i can't get out of it.  any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If I'm understanding correctly, you are possibly on page ABC and you open page XYZ in a new window. And you want the back button of the new window to just close the window so you end up at page ABC?

I believe what you are seeing is standard browser behavior. It's my own experience that browsing history is linked to whatever window is open. So perhaps you open a new window to visit site XYZ. That would be the beginning of history for that new window. As such, there is nothing to return to. Once you visit site DEF, you would be able to return to site XYZ but that's where the buck would stop.

Aside from using some kind of JavaScript and maybe cookies to track things, I think you are pretty much stuck with it.

Perhaps Willam will see this post and offer some sort of cool javascript to accomplish what your goal is.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or if the link is not supposed to open in a new window at all, check the link properties and make sure Display in frame is set to 'Page Default (none)'.

LinkDialogBox.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp