• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I goofed and recreated my folder structure in the HTML Files

Participant ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the HTML Files (Topics) rather than just in my TOC. (I've had a rough morning, lol) Any way, now I have a long list of broken links. Is there any quick way to fix this? Or, do I need to just fix each one individually?

Thanks,

MDawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I'm not clear on what you have done. Can you explain with a bit more detail. Also what version of RoboHelp?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2015, V12.0.4.460

Within the RoboHelp project, there is is the left column where all the topics are listed alphabetically in the HTML Files (Topic) folder.

I rearranged the topics into different sub folders, not thinking about the fact that that would change the cross-references to topics from within other topics. Then, I had a very long list of topics in the Broken Links folder. I was wondering if there was a way to fix this without opening each Broken LInk topic and re-inserting the cross-reference hyperlinks.

I found another way to fix my "problem" by using a saved project. But, it would be good to know if there was another way to fix the problem I created for myself.

Thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you did that moving within RoboHelp and not File Explorer, RoboHelp fixes the links as you go.

Had I known that is what you had done, I would have suggested a backup on this occasion and then deleting the CPD. Not so sure it would help there but it would have been worth a try with a backup in place.

If you still have the broken project, try it.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter. I did not know about deleting the CPD. I did move the files around in RoboHelp, so it's good to learn that they repair as you work. I did have a backup copy, so was able to pick up the project pre-file moving.

thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp