• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a project that contains captivate files not working in any browser

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project contains captivate demo in the first page and I am not able to view the project in all the browsers. the page keeps flashing, the browsers version which I have. 

- chrom version Version 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)

- firefox 73.0.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said which version of RoboHelp you are using or which output

• If you are using a Classic version please go to File Help > About and confirm the version shown. If it is 2019 Classic, please add "Classic" when advising the version number.
  • If you are using the New UI, the version number will  be found in Help > About. Please add "New UI" if the version number starts 14.

I don't use Captivate but I expect someone will be able to help you but they will need that information.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 9  and output is Webhelp.

by the way, I've tried this browser, Microsoft Edge and it gives message that adobe flash player is blocked and it asks to unblock it once then the project worked. But when I used the rest of the browsers, they did not say that the probelm was with flash player. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash warning is because browsers will stop supporting it at the end of this year. Edge gives a warning that it would seem other browsers have not, at least not in your versions.

I am not surprised Captivate is not working as RoboHelp 9 is a very old version and I doubt if anyone who supports the forum still has that version.

RoboHelp versions that far back had browser compatibility issues as did other authoring tools. With better standards that is less of an issue nowadays.

Hopefully someone may be able to suggest something but I rather suspect the issue is the age of your version of RoboHelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ahlam

RoboHelp 9 is 10 years old 🙂

However the first thing you would want to do is go here to make sure you have the latest service updates:

https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

I know that browser flashing was an issue years ago and that was fixed. 

Flash is a likely issue. So, if you have the Captivate Demo project and can re-publish it as HTML5, instead of the SWF (Flash) output, that might be worth a try. But, I'm not sure RoboHelp 9 would recognize that more modern format.

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Newport, Oregon

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp