• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm trying to edit TOC tiles in Oceanic and Blue Lagoon templates with no luck - Robohelp 2022

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 2022 - I need to delete the tile images so we can replace  with a different image or at the very leaset, just set a background color for the tiles to get an idea of what we want to do, but I have deleted the tile images for both Blue Lagoon and Oceanic frameless templates, and nothing changes.  They stay exactly same as they were  before I deleted the picture.   To do this I'm going to the Oceanic Template editor and I click on Home Page/TOC Tiles/Image Box and remove toc_default_tile.svg from Image Path.  When I do that, nothing happens.  When that didn't work, I tried to add a background color (gold) but still nothing happened.

Also, while I'm at it, I have no idea when it happened, but if you look at the last screenshot it shows my search box is now sitting on top of the caption "How Can We Help" on the HomePage.  I've tried many things to get it to move with no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.

How do I make this happen.  I've added some screenshots below where you can see that I’ve removed the image in both templates – yet the tiles don’t change.2024-04-25 13_46_17-KEES Sample - Adobe RoboHelp.png2024-04-25 15_49_27-.png

2024-04-25 16_46_19-.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the search box issue resolved.  I don't even begin to understand what is going on with skin editor.  I make one change and something disappears in the opposite side of the page?  What is happening?  Buttons will just disappear and then I have to regenerate and view to see what the output will look like.  One time the change I make won't affect anything and the next time I change it something disappears.  Nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I haven't used New UI in production, in my testing I've always found the preview flaky.

I prefer to use a special project that only contains a sample topic or two and the skin, and make all my changes there, so I can generate to check the output quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another trick is to make a change, close the skin and re-open it. Sometimes that can force the preview to refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Yeah, I've done all of that.  I was just hoping that it was me doing something wrong (although I know at this piont I'm not). I pretty much have lived inside the template editor today and it's been less than fun.  I just don't understand how that flies.  But, at least I've learned a lot.   I have a demo I have to give at 10:00am tomorrow  (it's 1:30am my time).  I've still got to figure out how to change the tiles before I can lay down  for a couple hours.  Tomorrow is going to suck......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like you are just deleting the default image and then expecting there to be nothing. I haven't tested recently but I believe you have to replace the image with the one you want. There has to be an image and if you don't define one, the default will come back in.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Create the images you want to replace the defaults.
    The defaults images for Oceanic can be found inProject Folder/Skins/SkinName. I found the default image size is 288px by 192px so keep it simple by creating your images that size. For some other templates the default images may not appear there but it doesn't matter. All that matters is the size.
  2. Save the image somewhere on your hard drive or in the above folder.
  3. I created an image and clicked Add Image

image.png

4. The image will appear at the bottom of the list. Drag it up to where you want it. For some reason none of the images were showing in the editor but they work when I generate.

image.png

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp