Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I would like to reset my shared resources to the actual state

Participant ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I have RH 11 on a Win7 Professional machine.

I have 2 projects sharing a folder with topics and images.

I went to the Head Office with my laptop and did some changes on a copy of the project, and when I returned home I overwrote everything, i.e. topics & images into the shared folder, and the project themselves. However since then I receive notifications to update the shared resources, and I did so the first time, only to find out that I was taken back to a previous version of the shared resources, so right now I always receive this message as I open any one of my projects, and it is quite annoying. Also I cannot quite use the functionalities of the shared resources (synchronize shared resources).

Does anyone know how I could "reset" those shared resources to the "now" state?

Thank you,

Bogdan Marin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you are doing here. You seem to suggest that everything is happening on your laptop. Is that true?

Essentially when you set up one or more folders in the Resource Manager you are just pointing to a common location. For example, your project may exist here:

C:\Projects\Project1

And you have a common folder at perhaps:

C:\Projects\Common\SomeFolder

So if you update the Resource Manager so the common folder has the latest version, when you open perhaps:

C:\Projects\Project2

It should at some point recognize that your common folder was updated. Depending on your settings, you should be notified of the change and prompted to update Project2 with the updated common information.

Basically you need to determine what the "now" state should be and ensure that the common location has that version of whatever you are sharing.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

What happened is the following.

I modified the project on my laptop, and when I got home I copied the project folder and the shared folder on my desktop. So I overwrote the content of the project folder and of the shared folder.

However, when I open the project, it is suggesting me to update, and when I do so, it reverts to a previous version, thus destroying the changed I did on my laptop. I have no clue why, because I overwrote the content of the shared folder.

The "now" state is the project how is on the laptop, and I would like to "reset" the shared resources so that they reflect the same "now" state.

One thing that I imagine doing would be to declare another shared folder with the content of the "now", however I foresee some waste of resources, and of time. I thought it would be a very simple manoeuvre in RH.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, normally when you configure Resource Manager you typically have a static sort of situation. Project A and Project B perhaps need the same content that exists in both projects but also the shared location.

I'm thinking you have confused the situation by doing the copying from one location to another.

As you are saying that what is in your project should now be considered the gospel, I might think that you should just break any links from this project to the Resource Manager. Then begin fresh if you want to maintain them moving forward.

Then again, I could be totally misunderstanding all of it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

So you are suggesting to break the links and re-share the topics?

I know that sharing does an overwrite on the shared location, right?

I will try to do that, and keep you posted as how it goes, OK?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp