Exit

images to large when generating a PDF from one topic

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm using RoboHelp HTML 10.0.1.x and have the following Problem:

when I try to generate a PDF output from one opened topic (via main menu Datei | Entwurf Drucken or via the content pod context menu PDF für Review erstellen), then all the images of the topic are to large. They don't fit to the page size. If I generate a printed documentation for the whole document everyting is working fine. All images are resized and fit to the paper size DinA4.

best regards,

jano2002

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the reason for the different behaviour is that when generating printed documentation a Word document is created behind the scenes before the PDF is created. Word scales the images to fit so you get the reduced image size.

PDFs for review do not work that way so you get the full size of the image in the PDF and I don't think there is anything you can do about that aspect. Could you not reduce the size in the topics? Try with one of the images to keep its size within say 18cm.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp