• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing FM files - why is a new CSS created for each?

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When importing files from Framemaker, a new CSS is created for each file. Why is this? Is there any easy and quick way to delete them all together? Or should I not delete them? I want all my topics to use the same CSS - so I can't see the point of having these just to clutter up the Stylesheets folder.

It's not just a CSS either, each new topic appears in its own folder under HTML files in the Project Manager, all the images, baggage files, multimedia etc all contain folders with the same name as the topics. Is there any way I can prevent these being created?

Thanks in advance

Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The functionality here is similar to importing Word docs so see Printed Output​ on my site. The RoboHelp 11 article is good for RoboHelp 2015.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To correct the above, whilst the RoboHelp 11 article on importing is largely still correct, RoboHelp 2015 has some additional fields and, in Laura's case, they are important.

The Other Settings options include the ability to link the page to a specific CSS. I haven't tested it but it would appear to be that selecting a CSS already in the project, that CSS will be used. If this is the case, then it is the answer to a long outstanding issue with importing.

My thanks to Paul Hanson for pointing this out to me.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp