Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation of RoboHelp 9 on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can RoboHelp 9 be installed on a Windows 10 machine?

Currently, the software is installed on an XP machine and we are looking forward to move it to a Windows 10 machine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Be aware of Word version if you generate print and plan to upgrade that too.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure it can be installed but the real question is will it work.

The answer is probably no as the last supported operating system for RoboHelp 9 was Windows 7.

See Compatible versions of OS and MS Word with RoboHelp

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to fire up my studio machine, but I'm pretty confident that I have RoboHelp 8 as well as 9 (and others) on that machine. If memory serves, I believe it worked just fine. (studio machine is on Windows 10)

I'll report back in a short while to confirm.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again. Just returned from my studio where I'm happy to report that RoboHelp 9 seems to operate just fine on my other PC running Windows 10.

However, there are some things to note. It was installed under Windows 7 and later the PC was upgraded to Windows 10. And the Windows 10 is the Professional version.

I'm not sure if either of those facts makes a change. I suspect it really won't in the end. I would fully expect it to function. But only testing will prove it out.

As always, make sure you work with backup copies of things until you are certain!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware of Word version if you generate print and plan to upgrade that too.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter makes a very valid point.

Along those same lines, if you are producing WebHelp, the code may not work properly with the recent web browsers. Often, that comes with an operating system upgrade. So you may well find that you need to simply upgrade to the latest version of RoboHelp anyway, even though it still operates on Windows 10, because of that browser issue.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Thankyou! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Browser issue and Word compatibility are the main issues you are going to find. No way will it work with a relatively modern version of Word (2010, 2013, 2016, 365). It would probably work with 2007, but I'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp