• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to add Title Pages to a PDF review document

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add a title page and some section pages to the document created by PDF Review.

Is this possible in Robohelp 2017?

Is there a work a round?

Also, can I put comments in each topic to tell the reviewer what has changed?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Review ribbon in the Comments section, I see there is an Add icon. Otherwise though I think the only way you could add your other requirements is by adding to the generated PDF and I suspect that would screw up the import process.

As an alternative, what I did before Review was added to RoboHelp was create a Word document. In the topic when editing I would prefix any change with three hash symbols to facilitate searching and quick visual recognition. There I was free to add whatever comments I wanted and the reviewers were able to work in Word, which they were familiar with. The downside, of course, is there is no import functionality. Before releasing any help, I would check for ### in the output to ensure nothing had been missed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, my workflow is to create a word document with all the topics that will be changing or new topics.  I mark changes with a comment bubble.  Send to review and the reviewers would make changes in the document itself.  (I have track changes on).  Once the document is finalized, I would then make the changes in Robohelp.  The problem with this method is that copy and paste sometimes brings in unwanted characters, the bullets don't translate correctly, and I end up having to rework the edits in robohelp to get the formatting correct.  Sometimes I have to paste line by line to ensure that the formatting is correct.  Even when I use my styles in robohelp.

To save time and the rework, I am proposing to do the changes in Robohelp directly.  Then use the PDF for review functionality in Robohelp for review.  Once the reviewers have completed their changes, I can import it in and then I'm done.  Should be half the time, will cut down on mistakes made from transferring word changes to Robohelp.  So the test cycle would be only testing links and not have to deal with content bugs.

Only problem is that the Help Document has had a format that people are used to and I would like to keep that format.  If there is any other way to do this type of workflow, I'm up for any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No way that I have seen anyone publish. My gut feel is that if you did manage to produce a different PDF Review document, it would backfire when trying to import as the document would not be in the expected format.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp